Monday, April 5, 2010

Something old and something new...

I've decided on giving up on finding a scanner for now, I'll just use a digital camera instead. With the right camera, no one can tell it wasn't scanned. (well almost :) )

This first one is my very first painting, done 3, maybe 4 years ago. Acrylics and I never really got along, but for this one little project I think we did marvelously well. At least I'm proud of how it turned out, I'm not much of a painter so my opinion may be a bit skewed.



This next one I just finished only about a week ago, inspired by a good friend of mine via text message. (thanks :) ) Just goes to show you never know when, where, or how inspiration will strike, so pay attention. (doesn't hurt to ask your friends sometimes, too) Done in pencil on a cotton sheet. The shading could have been a lot better, I know, and the faces are... yeah... but for what it is I really like it.

2 comments:

  1. Whenever I look at your pictures, I am always struck by your grasp of human anatomy. Seriously, I would kill to draw hands like that. :) Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I can't stress enough taking life drawing classes. They really do help you grasp the human figure. If you ever have the time you should take a couple, they're really fun and you learn SO much! I remember your drawings and I loved them! Actually I miss them :) Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete